Grandmother Love Project
“And I love that even in the toughest moments when we’re all sweating it – when we’re worried that the bill won’t pass, and it seems like all is lost – Barack never lets himself get distracted by the chatter and the noise. Just like his grandmother, he just keeps getting up and moving forward… with patience and wisdom, and courage and grace.”
– Michelle Obama
Written by Christopher Randa (Pictured with Grandmother Love Book)
President Obama told the American people about the importance of his Grandmother in his life’s journey. Now it is our turn. Please submit your entry to be included in the book Grandmother Love — a collection of stories, reflections and letters about the importance and influence of the grandmother(s) in your life.
Once filled, the book will be a gift to President Obama and the First Family along with the bronze statue (see photo) that has been commissioned of him with his late grandmother, Madelyn Dunham. The statue was sculpted by world acclaimed artists Lado and Shake Goudjabidze. All submissions must follow these guidelines:
1) All submissions must be both typed and handwritten. (Your handwriting personalizes your submission.)
2) We encourage submissions to be unique and creative. Some entries have come in the form of letters to grandmothers that are no longer with us, heart-warming/humorous stories, artwork, poems, etc.
3) All submissions must be displayed on only one side of 8 1/2 x 11 page(s).
4) Photographs and other two-dimensional inclusions are welcome, but will not be returned. Send a copy if original is of personal value.
5) Submissions should be emailed to The Life Experience School, 16 Lavender Street, Millis, MA 02054.
Grandmother Love is a project of the Life Experience School for special needs children and young adults.
THE PEACE ABBEY FOUNDATION | 16 Lavender Street, Millis, MA 02054 | 508.655.2143 | firstname.lastname@example.org